Welcome to the UPC Show with Curtis Haring, Bob Kubicheck, and Dylan McDonnell!
In the first half: Governor Herbert knows how to stop future shutdowns by going to the same ol’ conservative playbook, the shenanigans won’t stop in San Juan County, the bill to replace voter-approved Medicaid expansion is possibly undergoing even more changes and the voter-approved anti-gerrymandering initiative may also be under fire.
In the second half: Who wants an official state reptile? A freshman lawmaker wants to ban abortions after 15 weeks (knowing full well it will be challenged and probably lose in court), and a spat between Salt Lake and the newly formed city of Millcreek may loop in the legislature.
Other talking points include:
- Day drinking and podcasting
- San Juan Bucks
- Pay attention, Bob.
- Yeah, but how do you prove you live there?
- Listen, podcast hosts make mistakes all the time.
- Dying from dysentery…twice.
- It’s Not a Gay Bar (Not That There is Anything Wrong With That)
- It’s not normal
- It’s Like the end of Camp
- Henceforth and heretofore: The Utah Lab
- How do you know it is there?
- Garbage pickup brought to you by Caputo’s
For you fuddy-duddies that don’t like the cold open: The politics talk kicks in at 4:15.
Select [Download] to save directly to your device or click the play button to play in your browser.